The goal of this very important ministry in our parish is to teach the Orthodox Faith to our children. We encourage all parents to enroll their children age 4 years through 12th grade in the program, which runs from September until May. Using the curriculum of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, children will learn the fundamentals of our Faith with engaging age appropriate lessons. Classes begin immediately following Holy Communion. We look forward to working with you and your child!
Click on the picture above to watch the 2011 Nativity Play on YouTube.
ALL STUDENTS register here...
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ~ sign up here...
ATTENDANCE AWARDS PROGRAM ~ Attendance is taken each Sunday. If a student attends another Orthodox Church on a given Sunday, they and their parents can inform the teacher so they can be marked present. Students with perfect attendance or great attendance (5 or less absences) will be acknowledged at the end of the year.
ACHIEVEMENT REWARDS ~ Students can work at home with their parents at their own pace to learn the various achievements listed here... Once recited or demonstrated to their teacher, they will be able to chose a gift from our Treasure Chest and the student's name will appear in The Messenger.
2018 - 2019 THEME ~ SAINTS
Teachers will spend class time focusing on a different prayer each month. By the end of the year, each student will have their own prayer book. The monthly schedule will be:
- SEPTEMBER ~ Child Saint / St Mamas
- OCTOBER ~ Martyr Saint / St Demetrios
- NOVEMBER ~ Miracle Saint / St Nektarios
- DECEMBER ~ Giving Saint / St Nicholas
- JANUARY ~ Monastic Saint / St Anthony
- FEBRUARY ~ Brilliant Saint / St Photios
- MARCH ~ Most Famous Saint / Mary
- APRIL ~ Soldier Saint / St George
- MAY ~ Royalty Saints / Sts Constantine & Helen
* Youth Lenten Dinner (register here...)
* Ringing of the Bells (details...)
* Easter Egg Hunt (details...) followed by Agape Vespers
(a view from above)